Hello my love’s , welcome back, I know I have been away for a while but that might or might not change ( I am on vacations and can’t find time to try or write new recipes) I hope you have been binge eating on my past recipes. Today I have chosen chinese because I have had one of the best dimsums a few weeks ago but the portion was so less I am still bummed .
This recipe serves 6
- 200 gm chopped ham or chicken mince
- 8 mushrooms – finely chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped with the greens
- 2 tbsp finely chopped water chestnuts ( optional)
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 boiling water
- 4 tbsp oil
How to prepare
- Mix together all the ingredients of the filling and keep aside.
- Put plain flour into a large bowl and pour in the boiling water , stirring continuously with a spoon . Let it cool .
- Add oil and mix well. When cool enough to handle , knead well until soft and smooth , dusting hands with flour if necessary.
- Divide the dough into 30 portions . Keep it covered with a damp cloth or cling wrap.
- Taking one portion of the dough, keeping the remaining covered. Roll on a lightly floured board to a disc of 4″ in diameter .
- Place about a teaspoon of filling in the centre of the rolled dough.
- Using your fingers , moisten the edges of the circle with water and fold to form a half moon shape. Pleat one side and press the edges together to seal the dumpling.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling .
- Place dumplings on a tray not touching each other and keep covered with a damp cloth or cling wrap.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and tilt pan to coat base of the pan with oil.
- Once the pan is hot , add about 7-8 pieces of the dumplings in one layer, pleated side up. Cook until dumplings are a deep golden brown on the bottom , 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water to the pan . Cover immediately and cook on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates and dumplings become crisp and deep golden brown from one side. Remove to a platter.
- Clean the pan and cook remaining dumplings in the same way . Serve hot with chilli sauce.