Hey ! Welcome back! I don’t know why but I feel yellow today, literally! So for today’s detox water challenge I have chosen to infuse two of my favorites fruits together . Pineapple ,orange and ginger.
I’ve written recipes before containing orange and others containing ginger so if you want a detailed explanation of the above you will find it there . On this post I will focus on the various benefits of pineapple .
Why I chose this recipe?
- Pineapple is one of my favorite tropical fruits, it’s full of flavors and I love the way it tastes on your mouth , when mixed with ginger and orange it has this tangy spicy sweet flavor , I can’t really described it, all I know it tastes good in my mouth.
- Pineapples are packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals. They are especially rich in vitamin C and manganese.
- Pineapples are a good source of antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. Many of the antioxidants in pineapple are bound, so they may have longer lasting effects.
- It’s enzymes can ease digestion
- Boost Immunity and Suppress Inflammation
- The anti-inflammatory properties of pineapple may provide short-term symptom relief for people with common types of arthritis.
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of crushed ginger
Makes 2 Liters of Tropical Pineapple and Orange Infused Water.
In a large pitcher add the orange and the pineapple slices . You may remove the rind of the orange if you wish , add the grated ginger . Add ice or place it in a fridge overnight … and Voila ready to drink .