I can’t stress enough on how good it has been these past days , to be able to share recipes and be more active here , I have recently shared my new found love for Asian food , if you share the same you should definitely check the eggs, appetizers, salads, soups, deserts and what not what not recipes that I have shared . If you are new here welcome and I hope you stay , for those who have been here before e, thank you and welcome back!
I’ve noticed that I have a new viewer from Singapore , which is what inspired me to write this recipe . This aromatic treat is an appetizer and can be grilled the traditional way which is wrapped in banana leaves or simply bake it in the oven. This recipe serves for 6.
- 500 gm boneless fish fillets – churned in a grinder
- 3 dry red chilies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped stems of lemon grass or 2 tsp lemon rind
- 1 onion – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tsp thick coconut milk
- 4 chestnut chopped
- 8 blanched almonds chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 fresh red or green chilies – finely chopped
- 6 ” square of aluminium foil or banana leaf
How to prepare
- Remove the seeds from the red chilies. soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Put fish, soaked chilies, lemon grass/ rind, onion ,garlic,turmeric, salt, pepper, coriander powder, coconut milk and chestnuts or almonds into a mixer and churn to paste . Remove to a bowl.
- Add coriander leaves and fresh chilies to the paste. Mix well.
- Make small cakes. Place each on a piece of leaf or aluminium foil.
- Fold foil from all sides to form a parcel shape. Seal edges tight. If using a leaf then seal edges with toothpick.
- Grill in a preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.Remove.
- Don’t take off the wrapping before serving. Serve warm with the wrapper on with a Thai sweet chili sauce.